Theme: Share your emotion!
15th November is European Music Therapy Day! Music therapists, the specialists in the field of music and health, will hold open house events and organise workshops. Special, heart-warming performances will take place. Some activities will be organised in the week before or after the 15th of November.
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russian Federation, Serbia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom.
Are you organising an event within the context of the 8th European Music Therapy Day 2021?
Report the following information: when, where, who, what, address of venue and sign up (when applicable).
How to participate?
How can you as a music therapist participate in the European Music Therapy Day on the 15th of November 2021?
- First: think about the best way you’d like to present your work. Is it an ‘open house’ ? Do you want people to come in and have a look, or do you want to play together? Is it possible in your field of work that clients contribute to the event? And in what appropriate way can you organise this?
- Try to find colleagues or friends (musicians?) to join in and make it a special happening.
- All activities on or near the 15th of November can be considered as ‘music therapy day events’ (within a week before or after the 15th).
- All activities have to be sent to your EMTC country representative before being mentioned on this website, just to be sure that activities were organised by music therapists.
- You can find the address of your country representative on website www.emtc-eu.com.
- Make use of social media: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter (hashtags #musictherapyday, #shareyouremotion and of course #musictherapy).
- Get media exposure on (local) television and radio.
- Connect a national celebrity or artist to make this day special.
Send in a very short film, a teaser for the day!
This year we would like to invite every country to send in (at least one) or more very short films (only 20 seconds!) as an advertisement for the day.
THEME SONG 'Share your emotion'
Listen to our theme song here
or with english translations on Youtube.
What can you do with this song?
We hope that the song “Share your emotion” will be widely used as part of the EMTD celebrations.
It can be enjoyed through listening or singing, and the lyrics can be recited or analyzed. Various verses or themes, and associated poetic imagery, can form a basis for a musical improvisation.
We hope that diversity in the way EDMT is celebrated will reflect the broad spectrum of applications of music therapy, as well as variety of needs at the receiving end. As always, the program will be presented either in the therapeutic setting, or to the wider audience, or both.
POSTER & FLYER 'Share your emotion'
This year’s poster was developed on the photo of our colleague Andrija from Split, who won the competition for photography. On the topic of mirrors, the author gave a look into a new colorful world.
This year, we developed the poster and flyer on well-known platforms, with a standard and accessible font – Cambria of various sizes. So all you need is PowerPoint, and if you don’t have that tool, you can easily refine and localize the poster and flyer on the cloud.
Download the template in English and just translate the English words into your language. You can also add your organization’s logo.
Localized poster or flyer export in PDF format. You can use it for your needs, on your website or print it on A3/A5 paper. Please be sure to send a copy of the PDF poster/flyer to email@example.com to be included in the poster collection by participating countries.
Organizers of the European Music Therapy Day
The European Music Therapy Day is organised by the European Music Therapy Confederation (EMTC) in cooperation with Croatian Music Therapysts Association (HUM).